Have you seen the white cotton floating in the air like itchy snow? Hay fever, or allergies, is a common discomfort felt by Northwest, Indiana. Basically, your immune system has a reaction to allergens and you develop uncomfortable symptoms like runny nose, itchy/watery eyes, and sneezing.
Although spring is a particularly itchy season for many allergy sufferers, allergies can be a year-round discomfort. The good news is that good housekeeping practices can keep your symptoms at bay. This is because certain cleaning strategies eliminate allergy triggers.
The list below is found on WebMD. You can take a look at the entire list by clicking HERE. Here is a quick summary:
- Vacuum often.
- Clear out clutter.
- Use a mask when cleaning.
- Scrub the bathroom for mold.
- Wash sheets weekly.
- Get rid of scented cleaners or detergents.
- Make sure not to air-dry your laundry.
- Use a damp cloth and mop when dusting to trap dust.
- Clean outside entryways.
- Don’t shampoo carpets to decrease the chance of mold and dust mites.
- Have a family member without allergies do the triggering activities that make you uncomfortable.
WebMD also points out some other changes you can make at home to help with allergies.
- Get rid of your carpets and get install something like hardwood flooring.
- Purchase dust-proof covers on your mattress and pillows.
- Switch out your drapes for roll shades.
- Remove your shoes off before entering the home.
- Train pets not to go into the bedroom.
- Use air-conditioning instead of opening the windows.
These are great ideas, but who has the time to keep their homes spick-and-span all of the time? Let the team at Brilliant Results Cleaning Services keep your home clean and hopefully keep your allergy flare-ups under control. Call us today at: (219) 476-9355. We look forward to serving you!